Next General Election
Saturday, May 6, 2023
Notice of Deadline to File Application for Place on the Ballot is attached. Applications may be filed 1-18-2023 thru 2-17-2023. Please see attachment for more information. Thank you.
Election Day Polling Places (Countywide Polling):
|Polling Location 1||Austin County Fair & Expo Center
1076 TX 159, Bellville, TX 77418
|Polling Location 2||Austin County Annex – Wendt Street
800 East Wendt Street, Bellville, TX 77418
|Polling Location 3||Bleiblerville Vol. Fire Dept.
3912 FM 2502, Bleiblerville, TX 78931
|Polling Location 4||Industry City Building
725 Main St., Industry, TX 78944
|Polling Location 5||New Ulm Volunteer Fire Dept.
442 Front St., New Ulm, TX 78950
|Polling Location 6||St. John Lutheran Church – Cat Spring
480 Ross St., Cat Spring, TX 78933
|Polling Location 7||Sealy Columbus Club Hall
1310 Hwy 90, Sealy, TX 77474
|Polling Location 8||San Felipe de Austin State Historic Museum – Meeting Room
220 2nd Street, San Felipe, TX 77473
|Polling Location 9||Father Bernard Snock Religious Education Center
10471 Grotto Road, Sealy, TX 77474
|Polling Location 10||Wallis Columbus Club Hall
730 Columbus Road, Wallis, TX 77485
Requirements & Deadline for Filing for Candidacy of Each Elected City Office
In order to qualify to hold an elected position on the Sealy City Council, a candidate must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be 21 years of age or older on the first day of term to be filled at the election
- Have resided continuously within the city limits of Sealy for at least 12 months preceding election day
- Be a registered voter in the territory to be elected from at the time of filing for a place on the ballot.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or had full rights of citizenship restored by other official action
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by final judgment of a court